- There are roughly 1.4 million black women now in college, compared to just 900,000 black men.
- More than two million men are now imprisoned in the U.S., and roughly 40% of them are African-American. At any given time, more than 10% of black men in their 20s or 30s—prime marrying ages—are in jail or prison.
- many black women remain unmarried because they think they have too few options, some black men stay single because they think they have so many.
- Even as divorce rates have declined for most groups during the past few decades, more than half of black marriages dissolve.
- Only about 1 in 20 black women are interracially married.
- Black women lead by far the most segregated intimate lives of any minority group in the U.S.
- They broke up because she couldn’t imagine having children with him. “I wanted chocolate babies,”
I`ve had these conversations multiple times with black women who won`t “cross the color line” I can respect their reasons but I would never halt my happiness for “chocolate babies”
(Source: The Wall Street Journal)